Why June bride?

Random thought.

Really, I'm not sure where in the world 'June Bride' started. Country I was born and raised - Japan, starts rainy season in June and I don't think June bride is well described Japanese wedding scenes. So was this tradition started in the states? perhaps Europe? Anybody?

So I did some research. According to some unreliable sources, ( I don't trust most online sources anyways ) it was tradition to bath once a month, in may, and wedding to follow in June. Hmm OK. Brides married in June are likely to have a baby in Spring and recover by fall. Hmmmm. So go ahead and do your own research why June bride is so preferred. let me know if you find a good answer.

I was thinking, it is definitely not a perfect season to get married in June in Arizona. Well, at least in valley. Maybe in flagstaff or Sedona. In June, Phoenix starts to get hot...  hits 100 in some days. From end of May to all the way end of September, I see pretty much nobody outside. So, when is really a good season to get married in Arizona? I would say, all the winter to spring season when migrating bird comes in to town. If you are getting married in Phoenix area, in outdoor setting, make sure to set your date in perfect 70 degree winter - spring. The odd to have rainy cold winter is very less.

That being said, getting married in June in Arizona is perhaps not the best option, so if you can't change your date, make sure to pick a nice air conditioned venue. Thanks for reading my very random thought.



Pure SILK Angel Drape Flower fascinator $32 by Gaera Design Studio