Phoenix Matsuri

Matsuri means festival in Japanese.

This is my second year joining Phoenix Matsuri.

Wearing Kimono and drinking Asahi beer is a way to celebrate Japanese festival.


Compared to Matsuri in L.A, this is very small, but perfect gataway for the weekend!

We had Yakitori-ish ( haha ) dish, asahi beer, shaved ice, ramune, and watched taiko and some dance.



The best part was, of course, wearing Kimono.

Morayma wore green sakura print kimono ( this is dance kimono ) with Gaera Flower Pin.

Ana wore red peacock print kimono ( this is dance kimono ) with Gaera silk Hair Clip.




I wore yellow cotton Yukata ( summer kimono ) with orange flower pin made by me.

Unfortunately, my husband didn't wear any kimono. Next year, I will buy him a men's Yukata ... !! But from where? online... or perhaps a trip to Japan!?


It was a great way to introduce some Japanese culture to my friends :)

Oh my favorite restaurant Roka Akor was there, but didn't know so we ended up eating at different stand. Wish we knew it...



Flowerparty on Etsy by Gaera Design Studio


.


.


.